Who are we
Sahara Senior Services is a registered non-profit organization
formed by members of the multi cultural groups from all over the Ontario region. We presently serve thousands of members. Our organization has achieved Recognized Community Group status with the most cities of Ontario under the auspices of Community Services, Recreation Division.
The Sahara Senior Services(SSS) of Ontario, which was founded in 2014, is an incorporated non-profit provincial organization. The SAHARA SENIOR SERVICES(SSS) is funded entirely through membership fees, business partnerships, educational training ventures, management of special projects and various revenue generation initiatives.
The SAHARA SENIOR SERVICES(SSS) provides the following services to our member centers and organizations:
• Ongoing liaison and advocacy with government and other provincial associations in matters which affect older adult centers and older adults
• Education programs for members through Regional Workshops and Webinars
• A Newsletter which promotes the exchange of information and ideas among the members
• An Annual Provincial Conference with speakers, workshops, Trade Show and resources
• Facilitation of inter-centre visits
• Valuable networking with others who work in older adult centres
• Older Adult Centre Evaluation Resources
• Resource materials
• Email List service program that provides up to the minute information